2023 writing contests are now CLOSED. Winners will be announced at the 2023 Lakefly Writers Conference, May 5-6 in Oshkosh.
- Maximum 75 lines
- Any form, genre, or style
- Maximum 3,000 words
- Fiction genre
(18 and younger)
- Maximum 2,000 words
- Fiction genre
- Open to 18 years old and younger
- Maximum 2,500 words
- Non-fiction genre
- Wisconsin resident OR
- Wisconsin student OR
- Registered participant of 2023 Lakefly Writers Conference
*Members of the Lakefly Conference Planning Committee are NOT eligible to enter
- Prizes include: 1st place: $100; 2nd place: $75; 3rd place: $50 cash
- Winners will be announced at the 2023 Lakefly Writers Conference, May 5-6 in Oshkosh.
- Winners will receive their prize and certificate in the mail shortly after the conference.
- A PDF of the winning entries will be available on the Lakefly website after the conference.
Submitting your manuscript:
- Contest submissions will be accepted January 15, 2023 through March 3, 2023.
- Entries must be original and unpublished; Electronically or self-published works are ineligible.
- There is no entry fee.
- Limit one entry per author per category.
- Entrants should include a biography written in third person, maximum 100 words. If entering the Short Story Contest for 18 and younger please include your age and grade level.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- Format: Double spaced; Times New Roman, or Courier; 12 point font
- Cover page: name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, submission title, word or line count, category
- At the top of each subsequent page: title and page number
(Example: The Dark Night, page 1 of 3)
Please do not include identifying information, such as your name, on any page other than the cover page.
- Send to: LakeflyContests@gmail.com
- Attach your submission as a PDF file
- Entries must be time stamped by midnight, March 3, 2023
- Mail to:
Lakefly Writing Contests
c/o Oshkosh Public Library
106 Washington Avenue
Oshkosh, WI 54901
- Entries must be postmarked by midnight, March 3, 2023
Send questions to LakeflyContests@gmail.com, or call the Oshkosh Public Library at 920-236-5203 and ask for Ruth